I close the door gently when all I want to do is slam it
shut,
The smile on my face is full of thousands of lies,
I’m miserable,
People don’t look close enough to see that the smile isn’t
true,
They don’t see my unhappiness,
They only care enough to see my smile.
How many times have you run away?
I see the notches in the bedpost,
The blood on the carpet,
I hesitate to breathe,
And I cover my eyes –
Too afraid to see,
But my head is already cracking into a shattered puzzle,
And the pieces are being taken one by one away.
With my head in my hands I take a breath,
I know, I know,
The fragile thing I hold in my hands fragments as it
descends to the floor,
And you stamp down.
I have these pills,
The implication rolling in my heart,
Used and tossed to one-side,
Broken and wondering why I even tried,
My spirit is eclipsed in all the things you take for
granted.
I’m eighteen but my soul feels ninety,
It’s time to bottle up my scars,
Stop wasting my days,
Get up and move along,
Stand tall because I’m more than enough,
God those words feel so alien to me,
I’m enough, I whisper to the mirror in front of me,
My hand covering my face,
You’re enough
I whisper into the pillow under my head,
Forever hoping those words will be enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.