I learn to space my days out
based on the way we talk
the way you smile and the way I swoon,
but night passes
and the days grow colder and shorter
but I pass them staring out of the window
or writing words that make no sense to anyone else,
bring me the night
give me less life
feed me more dreams
let me pretend to have a smile for you,
even if I’m dying inside.
I’ll still dance around my room
singing quietly along with the song that cries in my
heart,
let’s write a story
one line each
one page at a time,
where’s the sense in writing the last page before the
first?
Let’s do this with each gathering breath,
one step at a time,
one naïve mistake that haunts me forever,
there are some days I wish I had that naivety back in my
palms,
it might help me bury this doubt away
but I’ve got to let that go,
I’ve got to smile and pretend that everything’s okay,
once you’ve done something for a while it becomes normal.
I can do this
I can be who I am
and you won’t hold me back from that,
I’m an exploding supernova in the everlasting space that
surrounds this world,
I am the stars in this galaxy and every other galaxy out
there,
my smiles might be fake but my heart isn’t,
I don’t have time for your black and white opinions
anymore,
no I’m going to stay in the grey area,
the colourful semi darkness it spreads like a disease in
the Milky Way,
I’m doing fine losing my breath running after these
comets,
I can barely even see you from behind these shining
lights
that fly like fairies past my laughing mouth,
you’re like the ghost of these shadows on my hands
and even though everyone tells me to not wish you the
best
I will because honestly,
you deserve to catch the stars too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.