Thursday, 18 December 2014

Glue

I can only move slowly
like my limbs are stuck in place
and as time passed and I grew older and colder in my heart,
I became the glue that stuck me there in the first place.

The glue that was spread across the edges of a bank white page,
I became its sticky form
smooth in some place and bumpy in others I would hold together their hands
unifying them in a way that separated myself.

I am the open glue that people forget about
without a lid and a safety blanket I dry out quickly
and so my misery spikes when the next person comes along to use me
and then have the audacity to moan about how I’ve dried.

I am the glue that people poke with scissors just to leave a mark
they carve their initials into my skin with rough caresses that hurt so much
then they smooth over the bumpy letters and begin again
their grubby hands clutching at my quivering side, a sense of ownership about them.

But they don’t own me,
not now
not ever
I’ll be your glue, fine,
but only
God damn only
if you’ll be mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.