Wrapped up in cosy fabrics that should keep me warm
I gaze out across the hallowed room
I’m alone and I feel lonely
but lonely is such a relative term,
I feel lonely when I see a couple in the street,
if I happen to see them meet.
I feel lonely when I hear the cackles of laughter echoing through the night,
my chest tightens and I feel colder inside,
they’re having fun without me tonight
but every night
I feel lonely when I talk to you,
and you have no idea,
I’m silent and I'm trying
just please, please just listen to me,
just please, please just listen to me,
I’m weary of feeling lonely
I’m sick of being me.
You lie and mimic and I wonder just how much you believe,
you’re not lonely,
not at all,
or rather you’re a different lonely to me.
The pleasure of my own company is starting to fade,
there’s only so many of my own jokes I can laugh at
only so many I can make,
I’m alone in my mind,
in body
and in soul –
there’s no way to change that,
not until I allow the darkness to seep in,
I know that darkness will leave me empty
with lifeless eyes and scorched skin
with lifeless eyes and scorched skin
I’m alone in this room
in this cell that surrounds me,
I can never leave the carved walls that
confine me,
my words are scratched into its surface
blood of my fingers
blood on the wall
blood of my fingers
blood on the wall
Why won’t you listen?
why don’t you hear?
why does everyone leave me?
Why can’t I be happy?
I’m scared, like all those souls before
me,
unable to whisper the words that I need to say the most,
the simplest most difficult thing;
help me save myself
please, why won't anyone help me?
please, why won't anyone help me?
I’m lonely and alone and you’ve left me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.