Friday, 26 December 2014

Author

I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if it were a book,
It would probably be exactly the same
Give or take a few things,
But my author
My keen-to-write-at-4am author
Might love all my flaws
They might wake up abruptly from a two hour nap and think to themselves;
‘What if she meets someone? What if they change her perspective? What if..?’
And my life will change at the drop of a baseball hat,
As it seems to sometimes anyway,
And I would be written beautifully as I meet strangers in this small unsafe world,
And they would go from ‘maybes’ to ‘somethings’
To ‘nothing at alls’ in the blink of an eye
In the swing of a mood and a drag of a coffin spreading smoke like vines,
They are ‘ex-somethings’ there isn’t really a word
To describe their sad smiles and self-conscious hair
I could never give their characters justice
Not like my author could
And they were given such poetic harmony with the stroll of the wave
That neither of us quite saw the sharks and piranha’s waiting in a hidden cave.

I sometimes think
On those days where nothing seems to latch on to my keen attention
On those dreary days
If I were someone’s character
Are those the days when my author feels sad and lonely too?
The pen in their hand squeezed so tight
The finger hovering over the spacebar
The other over the backspace
Forwards or backwards they are asking
Because they cannot decide on what’s worse
The past – and all of that lonely pain
Or the future – with all of that pain to come
And it seems that lately
That indecisions has streamed a set of its own decisions
Bad decisions
Very few good decisions
And a hell of a lot of paperwork.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.