Sunday, 30 November 2014

Fire and Ice and All Things Nice

I like fire
I like how it devours its surroundings,
I like how it lights up the cigarettes they hold so delicately.
It’s a poison that keeps spreading through my veins,
I’m on fire inside I scream
I’m dying inside I yell
And with their trained ears they choose not to hear,
I can’t breathe I whisper
And as if in synchronization they all turn away.

I like the icy coldness nestled in the air,
I like how it circles me
Follows me
Walks with me like a friend,
I like how it’s like fire
I like how I’ve been burned simply because I reached out to touch.
It’s comforting knowing that I won’t reach out again
Fearing the icy burn that zigzags across my chest.

I like how people forget me
Even if I’m standing right there,
I like how people regret me –

That’s a lie I know

I like how I’m second best to everyone,
I like how the more I exclude myself
The louder the voice in my head becomes,
It chuckles at all of my sordid attempts
And pushes me back into the darkness
Where the fires burn black and the ice grows and grows.

I’m cold

So cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.