Tuesday, 18 November 2014

The Art of Depression

I smile as I build up my fortress of webs,
I’m hiding from the hand of society;
From the look in their eyes.
I stutter and I fall
I scream the whispers that leave my lips,
There’s an issue with always pretending to be fine,
I internalize all the bitterness that I feel,
All the muffled cries that I echo into the night,
All of it
Hidden away from the world,
From you
From them.

I love too easy
I fall too deep,
I’m so unsure of myself that I doubt the fabrics of sincerity,
My imagination is made of dreams,
Colourful and bright
Happy and fluid,
They reflect the look I want to see in your eyes
I see flashes sometimes
Glimpses.

My mind is collapsing
Like those colourful dreams
It’s washing away into a foreign land,
And I’m just sitting here
Stranded at my desk
Surrounded by a wave of books and mess,
I’m fully aware that I’ll probably be like this forever
The wallpaper on the old dusty wall
Growing old
Alone
Growing old
I’ve never felt so cold.

You’ll go far,
You will go so far and I will cheer you on until you can no longer hear my voice,
And even then I’ll root for you
With my small aching smile and hallowed dark eyes,
I’ll watch you go far
And I’ll sit back against my dusty wall and stroke the dead petals that fall around me,
Then I’ll fall silent and still
Even if you don’t believe in yourself
I do –
With all my being I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.