My fingertips are bleeding heat onto the keyboard,
Yet it feels like a cold fire,
One that burns bright in my chest now
It’s roaring at my shaking hands.
I’m breathing in a darkness that caresses my soul,
It’s feeding on my heart
I’m too distracted by the embers on my skin to properly
feel the burn,
To feel the scorch marks that sink into me.
I force myself to keep my eyes open
Even as the darkness bleeds into my pupils,
Turning my eyesight into a moonless night,
At least when I closed my eyes I could see the stars.
Someone stops outside my door,
Quiet – like they’re listening,
I freeze my curled up position
My head shakes minutely desperate to not hear a sharp
tap.
With my heart in my throat
I wonder to myself how I’ll get out of this one,
I hold my breath and count the seconds in my head.
The footsteps begin again.
I’m alone once more.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.