I’m that whisper that floats on the wind
The leaf that gets ripped from its branch,
The chill in the air that leaves you breathless.
I’m also a speck of dust
So small you can’t see me
You can’t hear me
You won’t hear me,
You won’t hear the whisper and the shout
The scream that fills my head
And that murderous voice that reminds me
The voice that circles in my melancholy head
“You’re not good
enough for this, you’re not good enough for anything.”
You won’t hear it because I won’t let you
Because I don’t want to burden you with these words -
I don’t want you to feel that you have to help me;
I can’t be helped now.
It’s okay.
It’s alright.
It’s fine, so fine in fact that I can smile at you and
you won’t know how achingly frozen I am,
I suppose that’s because you don’t want to know the cold
anymore
That’s okay.
I’m okay
(No I’m not, I live a life of lies)
I can bear my burden alone like I always seemed to
I can do this alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.