Sunday, 30 November 2014

Ticking Stars

It was a cloudless night,
Funny how the stars shone bright,
The moon was half full
Hanging in the sky like the centerpiece of the tapestry around it,
Beautiful and distant,
Like something I craved but could never have.

My heart sings poetry,
I’m not sure you quite understand,
But as my heart screams it into my ear
The words tumble like liquid from my quiet mouth.
The stars are shining didn’t you hear?
The stars are shining,
Why aren’t you near?

I’ve stumbled into forever by accident,
It feels like such a lonesome place,
Full of sorrow and tears and misplaced trust,
It’s what I walk on as I step further into its void,
Time moves slower here
Like a dying watch that seems to somehow survive
Even though its ticking is a little off.

I would like to leave this god forsaken place,
Its tunes of happiness filled with remorse,
I’m scared of being left to live forever on my own,
Alone on this hellish road that sings such sweet melodies,
The stars are shining my dear,
They are shining so bright
Bright enough to make me wonder –
Is it so bad to be alone for eternity 
If they are all I need to brighten up my soul? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.