I want to scream until my lungs give out
I want to never talk again
I’d rather sit in pure untainted silence
Than have another one of these conversations in my head.
If I look up there is only a starry sky
And sometimes,
Sometimes there are no stars
Only a darkness that stretches as far eternity but is
always out of my reach.
I’ve never been good at goodbyes
But I find I’m getting better
With each person I say it to
I feel a little bit freer to scream into the terrifying
eternal night.
I also find that with every hour that I breathe in
through my greedy lungs
I find myself coming back to life
Slowly at first, slowly then all at once,
I have all the friends I’ll ever need stop saying I need
a man to complete me.
I’m not going to put myself out in the open anymore
Funnily enough it’s one of the worst things I could ever
do
So I’m going to suck in a deep breath and hold it in my
lungs
And I’m going scream into the darkness;
And I'm going to wait for it to scream back.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be polite.