Thursday, 23 October 2014

I Remember



I remember once when I came here with a friend, 
The sky bright and charming,
The sea gurgling chirpily as it churned,
Not at all like the hesitant waves it gives now. 

The sky feels like it's falling
It feels like those dark clouds are reaching down;
As if to pick me up in its cold thin grasp
And take me to the lighter place upon the dim horizon. 

The sea is calm right now,
The wind having departed its shallow depths so suddenly
Leaving small waves to replace the thunderous claps of the water on rocks
And yet it feels far more deadly now that the churning has stopped.

There are patches of sunlight burning through the clouds,
So contrary to the last time where angelic light filtered down,
Now there are only holes in the sky
Filled with small bursts of brightness and the fiery beings of life.

I remember once when I came here with a friend,
Yet here I am here I remain,
On my own,
In the end. 


Meanings:

Okay so, the meanings behind this poem I wrote? The four lines are significant, I made four friends on my first night at Aber uni, and it ended with me being on my own anyway, that's why there's four lines in each stanza. It speaks of going back to a place when the first time you went you had company, and that ghost is still present, but it's so distant that you can't help but feel more lonely.

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.